Tuesday, July 22, 2008

sour milk [and not for the faint of heart]

there are many things in life that you know about and talk about, and understand what is meant. But then there are moments that you finally understand why words and phrases are said the way they are. This week, my revelation; sour milk.

I love milk and drink a lot of it, but I can be touchy about it when I'm in a new or unfamiliar place. However, I decided to just jump right in and buy some here in Budapest. My first glass was good, a little different, but good. Two days later...I poured a big glass, drank, and had no clue what had just entered my mouth. It was like drinking liquid sour dough bread. I've had my fair share of bad/expired milk, but I never knew it could be of the sour variety. Now I know and it all makes sense.

No comments: