Thursday, June 5, 2008

I've made it



I have made it to Leiden, Netherlands.  It was quite an adventure though.  I landed in Cologne, Germany and had to take a series of trains to get to Leiden and I don't speak a word of German or Dutch yet.  But as God would have it, I've made it here successfully.
Leiden is a beautiful town! It is overrun by bicycles...probably in the hundreds of thousands in number of bikes here.  It is the preferred mode of transportation.
The program I'm in here for school is small.  I am one of seven but I think I can learn a lot.  We will be visiting The Haag tomorrow and a few other places in the Netherlands before we're done.  I'll have pictures to post as I go along.  I hope you are all well.  Send me an email if you get a chance, it's ashleyhuizenga@gmail.com


ashley


No comments: